Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 21, 2013

No. 3 seed Michigan State has no problem with No. 14 seed Valparaiso

Senior Derrick Nix came up huge for the Spartans in a dominating win
    


     The struggling Michigan State Spartans looked to make a statement coming into this game against Valparaiso, and a statement was certainly made. The Spartans went into half with a dominating 35-18 lead looking to pile on in the second half. The second half did not go as planned for the Spartans as they were out scored by the Crusaders 36-30, but still held on for a commanding 11 point win. For the Spartans to go far in this tournament, they need solid contributions from players such as Keith Appling, Derrick Nix and Adreian Payne.

     Payne has been coming up big for the Spartans down the stretch especially when the other stars, like Appling and Nix, have been struggling to find their stroke. But it was Payne who came up small in this game as he scored only 7 points with 4 boards. He also did not shoot the ball very much as he attempted only 5 shots from the field. Derrick Nix meanwhile had arguably the best game of his Spartan career as he scored 23 points on 10-17 shooting along with a career high 15 boards. Keith Appling also contributed 15 points with 6 assists. For the Spartans, this must be a good sign to see him score double digits as he is seeming to be breaking out of his current scoring funk. Big Ten Freshman of the Year Gary Harris had a decent game with 10 points, 2 steals and 4 boards in 32 minutes. One thing that Tom Izzo will want to fix is the turnover issue as the Spartans had 17 of them, something they need to fix if they want to go far in this tournament.

     The Spartans have arguably one of the toughest roads to the Final Four. They are the number 3 seed in the Midwest region which features the No. 1 overall seed in Louisville, a formidable No. 2 seed in the Duke Blue Devils, and tough hard-nosed 4, 5, and 6 seeds in Saint Louis, Oklahoma State and Memphis. Michigan State will have to face the winner of No. 6 Memphis and No. 11 Saint Mary's on Saturday. Memphis (30-4) are one of, if not the toughest No. 6 seeds in the entire tournament and Saint Mary's (28-6) are no slouch either. After that game, providing an upset which isn't uncommon in March, Michigan State will have to face the No. 2 seed in Duke, then the No. 1 overall seed in the tournament Louisville. The road for the Spartans is a tough one, but a doable one. If the Spartans play like they are capable of, I wouldn't be surprised to see them represent the Midwest region in the Final Four.

16 comments:

  1. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!


    My webpage ... rmr calculator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I learn something new and challenging on
    websites I stumbleupon everyday. It's always helpful to read content from other writers and use a little something from other websites.

    Here is my web blog - bio tech

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vегy gοod webѕite you havе here but I wаѕ wοndering if
    you knеw of any discuѕsiοn boards that cover thе ѕаmе topics ԁisсussed hеre?
    Ӏ'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get responses from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Appreciate it!

    Feel free to surf to my website :: www.email-standards.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanity Fair is stylish and well written, and they
    push the envelope in celebrity reporting, giving readers if
    not a balanced representation, then at least an interesting angle
    to a well known personality. However there are several troubleshooting steps you need to perform in order to determine the problem.
    instantly and cannot wait for magazines then celebritynewsapp
    is the best available source which keeps on updating instantly.


    Feel free to visit my webpage ... latest celeb news

    ReplyDelete
  5. With nо wаtеring thе roοts of a tгee it is futile
    tο aѕѕumе it tο develop аnd gіve us luscіous fruіts, cоlourful
    floweгs аnd many othеrs. Ηot air balloon ridеs аround thе gorge aге also eхceedingly ωell liked.
    As a matter of fact іt is these a extremеly-cоnсentrated meаls that,
    exceρt taken in terriblу small portions, it is lіablе
    to uρѕet weaκ digestions.

    Feel free to ѵisit my web рage http://www.sjbb.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. you'll be able to choose out your funny image as per your want and interest. Sometimes we sing some English songs, and I encouraged the students practise their English through the way of singing. therefore no worries and suspend with a correct approach of chat and fun together with your loved ones.

    Also visit my webpage; very funny pictures and cartoons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Education is not about memorizing and getting the degrees in hand.
    Yet while viewers will inevitably make comparisons between Diane Sawyer and Katie Couric,
    they have very styles, as Diane Sawyer has more of a reputation for a 'harder' journalistic style.
    Above all the Hindi news websites is a real boom for the world.


    Here is my web-site ... Latest Daily News

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed to thank you for this wonderful read!
    ! I absolutely loved every bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post…

    Here is my site: how to lose weight quickly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there I am so happy I found your blog, I really found
    you by mistake, while I was looking on Askjeeve for
    something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to
    say thanks for a incredible post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and
    also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot
    more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.

    Also visit my homepage Test Force Xtreme

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello to every one, because I am in fact eager of
    reading this web site's post to be updated daily. It contains nice material.

    my website glass hexagon fish tank

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I
    clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that
    over again. Anyway, just wanted to say wonderful blog!

    Also visit my blog post ... übersetzung deutsch englisch abacho (http://www.heikirasta.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Analysis any business you buy form to guarantee they're reliable.


    Also visit my web page ... Cydia apps ()

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of many most immersive Xbox games available. In lots of cases people selected
    to see a movie, rather than consume. Also to practice some tired
    fighting styles you hardly got to make use of?



    Here is my web site ... download gta vice city cheats

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar
    one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam responses?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is
    very much appreciated.

    Here is my weblog - seattle real estate lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are many places that you can visit and start downloading computer software off the Internet.
    Some studies have purported that there is a correlation between depression and playing computer games.
    No one complains, since everyone is occupied
    with their own activities, but the silent toll on family bonds is quietly taken.

    Check out my website farm heroes saga hack

    ReplyDelete